Thursday, May 13, 2010

Aimless in Amsterdam


You remember the blockbuster movie, “Sleepless in Seattle”? Well, if we were filming a movie today I would call it “Aimless in Amsterdam”!

Our Delta connection from Detroit only gave us one hour to transfer once we arrived in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, our Delta connection was one hour late getting out of Detroit and the next flight we could catch from Amsterdam to Nairobi was at 8:25PM. So instead of getting to Nairobi in time to spend a restful evening in a quaint little bed and breakfast, we had ten hours in Amsterdam which we hadn’t planned on!

Since Ellen had been here once before, she thought I would enjoy getting out to see the city so we booked passage on a one-hour canal cruise. It was a classic case of the blind leading the blind when she turned it over to me to get us to the train station! I not only managed to get us on the metro instead of the train, but I also got us 1st class accommodations instead of the assigned 2nd class seating! It cracks me ups every time I think of the conductor looking at me and asking, “Foreigners”? Suffice it to say by the time we got back to the airport we had seen quite a bit more of Amsterdam than either of us planned on and parts of it resembled the Columbus Full Monty!

-Dawn-


No comments:

Post a Comment