Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 6 - Part II - On the home front

Today didn’t turn out quite like I had expected, but then each time we come to Kenya we try to daily give God permission to do what He wants as we step out of His way.  Last night was a rough night for me.  I think it was a combination of the airplane food and the dietary changes.  I didn’t get much sleep and wasn’t feeling well in the morning but I wanted to push on with OUR plans!  So I made the trip into Kitale with Ellen to meet with Justus but half way through the meeting I had to excuse myself and return home.  I spent an hour or so trying to “sleep it off”, whatever “it” was, when Chella came to the door with hot tea.  Chella is a young orphan whom Zippy has raised and put through university, and who is now looking for employment.  So as I sipped on my Kenya tea (which ALWAYS tastes better here than it does in the States!), we had some really great conversation and I was reminded of 2010 when a team of ladies came to Kenya to start up the Water Gate Cyber Café.  One of our team members broke her foot and was laid up in the house for a couple of days, unable to continue helping with the IT part of the cyber installation.  Not to worry though, because God opened the door for her to share with some pastors wives who came to visit her and she had probably even MORE ministry opportunity than if she had continued to help with the cyber café.  So as I reflect on the events of my day, quite different from Ellen’s, I was reminded again that “. . . his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways.”  So tomorrow I will be freshly reminded to pray for GOD’S plan and not MINE for the day’s meetings and conversations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment